With a social media ads strategy, businesses can optimize their spending and maximize the impact of their digital advertising campaigns.
Social media advertising is one of the fastest ways for businesses to boost brand awareness, increase conversion, and drive sales. With a social media ads strategy, small businesses can optimize their spending and maximize the impact of their digital advertising campaigns.
In this article, learn the things to consider when advertising on social media.
How to Build a Digital Advertising Strategy on Social Media
During the pandemic, internet users were found to be more active on social media and engaged with businesses more than ever. Around 63% of users reported to have clicked on social media ads and 33% made direct purchases.
This is why it’s important to make sure your social media advertising efforts are doing what they’re supposed to. The key to this is a well-planned and well-delivered social media ads strategy.
Making a digital advertising strategy from scratch can be intimidating. But don’t worry. Below are some tips for strategizing your ads on social media.
1. Gain a deeper understanding of your brand and your target audience
Before you spend on social media advertising, the first and most important step is to first understand your brand better. This includes understanding what makes your product, service, or concept different from others. This also includes knowing your target audience, their needs, preferences, and buying habits.
Having a deeper understanding of your brand and your target audience allows you to lay the foundations of your strategy. This makes it easier for you to narrow down and plan your actions along the way.
In order to know your target audience better, you must collect customer data. You can do this ethically through the following options:
- Conducting surveys
- Creating buyer personas
- Making focus group discussions
- Keeping track of audience feedback, comments, and engagements on your social media channels
2. Choose a social media platform to focus on for your digital advertising efforts
The best platforms to use for digital advertising for small businesses are as follows:
The platform has around 2.6 billion active users with a user demographic under the age of 35 (65% of users). It can be practical to run advertising on Facebook for a small business. Facebook marketing is relatively easy and cost-effective, and it can drive sales growth fast.
The platform has around 1 billion active users with a user demographic under the age of 35 (71% of users). When advertising on Instagram, it is recommended to post evergreen content that users can check on your profile anytime. Using high-resolution and eye-catching images of your products also increases your chances of success on the platform.
The platform has around 800 million active users with a user demographic of 16 to 24 years old (41% of users). TikTok is known for short videos and often showcases a slice-of-life type of content. Experts recommend keeping TikTok ads authentic and entertaining in order to pique the audiences’ interests and hold their attention.
3. Set an objective for your social media ads strategy
Having an objective allows you to define what actions to take to get to your goal. When you are launching a digital advertising campaign, it is recommended to have the following objectives:
- Develop brand awareness: Brand awareness allows businesses to keep the sales process short, increase their market share, and encourage repeat purchases in the future.
- Increase engagement: Engagement with social media followers is a strong indicator of brand loyalty. This ensures that there is a long-lasting relationship between the target social media users and the brand.
- Collect customer feedback: Your social media ad can be an effective tool to collect customer feedback. Monitoring their feedback allows you to get updated with your target audience’s customer satisfaction and customer experience ratings.
- Increase sales: Your social media ad can be the fastest way to increase conversions. With an effective ad, customers may make a purchase within minutes after watching an ad on social media. This helps drive sales and business growth.
4. Optimize your content
Content is necessary to achieve desirable results. This goes back to your target audience’s needs, preferences, and habits. Determine which content they’re likely to respond to and which content drives them off. For this, it would be best to learn the basics of running content marketing for your brand.
5. Measure your results
It’s hard to know if your ads are helping you reach your objectives when you’re not measuring the effectiveness of your digital advertising. In order to have insights on how to improve your social media ads strategy, we recommend you pay attention to the following social media metrics:
- Engagement – Likes, Comments, Shares or Retweets, Clicks, and Organic Mentions
- Awareness – Impressions, Reach
- ROI – Referrals and Conversions
Engagement, awareness, and ROI are metrics that are growth-driven. It’s better to start with these metrics first before anything else.
6. Conduct A/B testing and Experiment
Your social media ads strategy should allow for some room for experimentation. The data you gain from A/B testing and experiments can help you refine your strategy more. By running tests, you will also be able to know which variable of your campaign works better for you and your audience.
Boost Your Digital Advertising With a Social Media Ads Strategy that Works
Digital advertising is an important activity for businesses, especially now that consumers are more active online than ever. With a good social media ads strategy, you’ll be able to reach your target audience online more effectively and drive growth for your business.
Interested in digital advertising in the Philippines? Let Eight Media help you run ads on social media. Book a free consultation with us today.